Need Site Support?

Please contact the staff through the site's Contact Us form.

ADA BOLC 2017

kmthoma3
ArmyOCS.com Member

ADA BOLC 2017

Postby kmthoma3 Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Hey guys I'm heading to BOLC this month and as far as I know the next class isn't until June. I was told we are authorized to live off post and as a 2nd LT you are authorized BAH. Is this still the case? Also how does travel work? Can I get DLA? I have used a lot of personal savings since being stuck at OCS due to the security clearance situation so how does staying in the hotel work? The drive to get there deposits on the house and such? Is there stuff I should be asking finance or transportation for? Any info would be greatly appreciated
Reptile8030
ArmyOCS.com Member

Re: ADA BOLC 2017

Postby Reptile8030 Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:06 am

Going to BOLC is considered a PCS, you will receive BAH. You need to login into DTS and schedule through them to get the Army to move your personal belongings to BOLC. If you are unsure how to do that, simply go to the transportation office on Benning and they will show you how. As far as gas, food and hotels go on the way to BOLC, just keep your receipts and the Army will pay you back once you arrive at BOLC. Good Luck
PhantomWarrior
Veteran

Re: ADA BOLC 2017

Postby PhantomWarrior Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:07 am

It's been a while, but I think this is still a thing. Also talk the Transportation Office about doing a Partial Do It Yourself move (Partial DITY). You get paid for the weight you move in your personal vehicle. By the time I piled in all my personal stuff, uniforms, etc that was usually good for a couple hundred bucks when I settled everything up.

Return to “Air Defense”